Hey Mamas! I wanted to share with you my top 10 baby must haves! I bought so many baby items but these are the ones we use EVERY day and have made life SO much easier!
Click on the images below the review. They are linked to the best price I could find! Most of them are on sale!
1. Dock A Tot: This was by far the best purchase we made! I didn't really understand what all the fuss was about when I saw all my favorite mom bloggers posting pictures of their babies in it. My husband even told me it was a waste of money. Thank goodness I didn't listen to him because this is for sure our #1 baby item! Jovi sleeps like a champ in her Dock A Tot! The mattress is so comfy for her, it doesn't get warm and the fabric is breathable! I feel like I don't have to worry about her when she's asleep because its so safe! Worth every penny!
2. Velcro Swaddles: To be completely honest both Patrick and I are not the best swaddlers...or maybe Jovi is just a great escape artist but we could never wrap her tight enough! She would always bust her arms out and that totally messed with her sleep. My mother in law bought us these Swaddle Me swaddles and swore by them but I wasn't too excited because I had bought so many cute swaddle blankets that I couldn't wait to use! But once baby was here and I was exhausted I needed functionality over cuteness haha. Being able to swaddle her tight with the below swaddles (Swaddle Me + Embe Baby) helps babygirl sleep SOOOOOO good. Every mama needs some!
3. Breast Milk Catcher: For all breast feeding moms this thing is amazing! While nursing you suction it on to the breast baby isn't nursing from and it collects all of the milk that normally would just drip out. It's hands free and its suction encourages milk production. I catch 1-3 oz with every feeding and store it in the fridge! By the end of the day I have enough to put in a freezer bag and store away! It's so cheap and definitely one of the best things that was brought to my attention because I'm not a huge pumping fan!
4. My Blooming Bath: Ok guys, we bought three bath tubs but for the newborn stage this one if my fav! You just place it in the sink. She can relax and it is sooo soft and comfy for her to chill and relax in the warm water! Highly recommend- plus it's cute! I linked a few colors below!
5. Infant Optics Baby Monitor: This monitor is amazing! The image is in color and is crystal clear! It has a fancy lens and I'm able to zoom in on her. During the day she takes naps in her crib and if I ever get worried about her I can zoom in and its so clear I am able to see her chest moving while she breaths. Haha might sound crazy but it's pretty sweet! It also shows the temperature which I love because if its too warm in there I go and open up the window. The battery lasts forever! I only have to charge it every couple days! When she gets older we can talk to her through the monitor with it's two way talk feature. There's a lot of monitors to choose from but I have zero complaints about this one. We LOVE it!
6. Kick N Play Piano Gym: Jovi loves this playmat! I brought it out when she was only 1 month assuming she would have no interest in it yet but I was totally wrong! She loves laying under the bright colored toys, looking in the mirror and when her little legs get to kickin she even turns on the music by herself! Sometimes she lays under there for 30 min or so and it gives me a chance to get some things done around the house! Its comes in the below two colors and is really reasonably priced! Only 39.99!
7. Carseat/Nursing Cover: I had NO idea how much I would use these things!!! I do not leave the house without one EVER. It's so nice to keep the germs (and strangers) out while out of the house and it's so easy to slip over my neck while nursing in public! It also can be used as a shopping cart cover when babe is a little older! Every mama absolutely needs one! Below are a few of my favorites!
8.Swing: Swings are such a life saver when you need some time to shower, get things done around the house or even take a snooze yourself! Jovi falls asleep and takes great naps in her swing! We were super excited when we got the Mama Roo for our baby shower but honestly Jovi isn't that happy in it! She loves the Fischer Price ballerina bear more! It can swing side to side and head toe. She also loves staring at her reflection in the mobile! I hear some Moms that just love the Mama Roo so I'm linking it here anyways. Every baby is different!
9.Ryan & Rose Pacifier Clips: These pacifier clips have been so helpful because I just clip them to her little outfit and I don't have to worry about it falling to the floor and then having to sanitize it. It also helps me not loose pacifiers because they are attached to the clip! I had mine customized and the metal clip part is engraved with her name. They are super cute!
10. Comotomo Bottles: Love these bottles! They are soft, squishy and the silicone nipples are ideal for breastfed babies!
More baby and mommy items I use every day linked below!
Photos by: Forever Is Ours Photography
"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my hearts sounds like from the inside."
Wow, what an adventure this first month and a half have been. I can't believe it's already been a month and a half! Clearly I've been busy since I'm just now getting around to posting Jovi's newborn photos! My heart has never been so full and I have never been more happy/EXHAUSTED. Mama's please tell me this gets easier!? A friend of mine recently told me that the first couple months with a newborn you are in survival mode and I couldn't agree more. My day revolves around her eating, making sure she's happy and trying to get her to take a snooze! Mainly, so I can get some rest too haha. When she finally does take a nap I always find myself going through my camera roll and looking at pictures of her because I miss her! Being a mommy may be hard work but when she's snuggled up in my arms and gives me a cute little smile it's all soooo worth it! Anyways, these photos are incredibly special to me and I will cherish them forever! I'm crazy in love with my little family and could not be more grateful!
Shop my dress and other cute off the shoulder maxi dresses below:
Welcome to my life as a wife and soon- to-be mama!